Exciting times at St Stephen's
St Stephen's is more than just a school it's an exciting place to be. Please see below the examples of being part of this fantastic family.
We believe in developing cultural capital...
‘We focus on essential knowledge that pupils need to be educated citizens, introducing them to the best that has been thought and said and helping to engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.’
As a school our commitment to you is that your child will, by the time they leave us, have:
* Attended Waterpark and enjoyed a variety of water and land sports and team building activities
* Visited Blackburn Cathedral and a least one other place of worship including a mosque
* Built a campfire
* Visited Roddlesworth reservoirs and skimmed stones
* Walked to Darwen Tower and observed wildlife on the moors
* Grown and cooked their own vegetables
* Prepared a meal from start to finish
* Sledging on Tockholes fields
* Performed in a theatre
* Been involved in a live music performance
* Visited an art gallery
* Visited a larger school and experienced debating and spoken word activities
* Visited a neighbouring farm
Visit from Father Nicholas
KS2 were delighted to invite Father Nicholas into their classroom to talk about the Holy Spirit. Father Nicholas brought in some treasured items to show the children including some Hebrew writing, Greek writing, a Latin book and his family Bible which is nearly 200 years old - a very small Gideon Bible.